Help please with getting sky to my tv's

beetle

Can anyone help with this please .? I currently have two Sky HD boxes ...one in kitchen/dining area and one in living room.In addition I have a couple of additional tv's in bedrooms that I want to be able to access sky tv on...I have heard of magic eyes but never used them before ...ideally though I don,t want to have to run cable all over the place to achieve this so was wondering if there was some way I could avoid this by using the centrally positioned sinal booster amp ( in the loft) to connect these....I live in a new build property which has aerial points by my tvs in every room and whilst I don't know what type of signal booster it is I do know I have one up there! Has anyone out there got experience of this and can you let me know if it is feasible or not ? Thanks

logiciel

The "magic eye" is the device that sends remote control to the Sky receiver.
The current channel is sent through an aerial cable from the Sky receiver's RF2 Out socket.
That could go up to your distribution system, but the remote control might or not work.
A much easier method is to use wireless Videosenders.
They send the channel wirelessly to the remote TVs and remote control back to the receiver.

beetle

Thanks for that... I hoped the magic eye solution might work as it is a cheap solution but if no remote functionality that's no good to me! I know it's difficult if you are. Moderator to recommend a wireless sender but if anyone else can recommend something I would be really grateful.

Stevenage Neil

If you can locate the signal booster and can differentiate the cables going in/coming out of it then yes it is possible. Do you stil want terrestrial channels available in the bedrooms?

logiciel

I hoped the magic eye solution might work
a wireless sender but if anyone else can recommend something
It's quite possible that it will - the doubt is because it varies according to the wiring.
All senders are much the same so I always recommend trying whatever Argos are currently stocking.

beetle

If you can locate the signal booster and can differentiate the cables going in/coming out of it then yes it is possible. Do you stil want terrestrial channels available in the bedrooms?
Thanks-I think I should be able to find the relevant connections going in/going out by switching on tv in bedroom then pulling output connections one at a time at booster until connection lost at tv...then I guess one end of the magic eye gets plugged into it with other end of magic eye to RF2 output on sky box? Yes if possible I would like each tv to access normal channels.Each tv in the bedrooms has a freeview tuner.

Top Bottom