Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help please with choosing a DV Cam

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Molgroover, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Molgroover

Molgroover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm a new member here and I'm hoping some of you might be able to give me some advice.
    I'm looking at buying a DV cam to shoot low budget films on. It needs to have:

A good lense, naturally
    Firewire
    Mic in
    anything really essential. My budget at the moments is £450 - £500.

So far this has caught my eye:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...66457/sr=1-7/ref=sr_1_3_7/202-5965799-4665412

I'm finding it very hard to decide what to get as there's so much out there. If anyone can recommend a cam that is perfect for me then I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Kev

2. Desperado

Desperado

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I Can recoment the Sony DCR-HC18
    at amazon only 289 pounds
    in Littlewoods this camcorder is going for 478.00 pounds

great Picture and sound and easy to setup

3. Molgroover

Molgroover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Molgroover

Molgroover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again. Well, having had a good look around I'm very tempted by the Canon XL1S. I am aware of its cost and I was hoping people could give some advice as to wether I should go with it or not. I'm not exactly technically minded when it comes to camcorders which is why I plan on taking a course in the new year but I do intend to shoot a digital film. So, should I go for this, is it easy to get to grips with etc?

Thanks