Help Please - Wireless Media Players

kebamo

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have been looking through previous posts but could not find any definitive answers to my questions.

Are there any media players out there which have both onboard storage (sata preferred) and also have wireless connectivity, I watch a lot of divx material and would like advice as to a media player (if any) which would allow content to be copied to it over a wireless network.
I already have a dvd player which allows me to watch my divx over the usb port with a mobile drive but would like to have a unit that didn't require constant disconnecting and reconnecting to update.
I have seen a MVIX MX-780 Wireless Media Streamer Centre which seems to tick all the boxes but not overly keen on the styling.

Any advice would be most welcome

How long does it take to transfer a 750mb divx file onto this unit over the wifi connection?

Which of the 2 units has the more user friendly GUI?

Which of the 2 units has the more user friendly GUI?
Take a look on user manual in PDF - there are lot of screenshots. Personally I use External Cases the only problem - it does not support all codecs. For MPEG4 Video (H264) it says "format is not supported". Another thing - all-time running cooler - it gives some noise.

liking the look of the ICY BOX IB-MP308HW-B

Can someone confirm that it does indeed play divx/xvid files

It spec on the home page has thrown me because it states (not support XVID which has GMC option applied) what does this mean?

liking the look of the ICY BOX IB-MP308HW-B

Can someone confirm that it does indeed play divx/xvid files

It spec on the home page has thrown me because it states (not support XVID which has GMC option applied) what does this mean?

Yes, it plays divx/xvid, but does not play H264.
This one is OK:
WinXP info from Media Player Classic:
Video: XVID 720x304 23.98fps 1655Kbps [Video 0]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 6ch 384Kbps [Audio 1]

2233MB (2342002688 bytes)
This one shows "format is not supported"
Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x528 23.98fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz 5ch [Audio]

4865MB (5101855530 bytes)

(not support XVID which has GMC option applied) what does this mean?

I'm also interested what it means, as I had couple of movies what does not playable on the unit, but OK with PC.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom