• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please - Why has my IP address changed?

Veni Vidi Vici

Prominent Member
For some reason my IP address on my computer has changed what it looks like, it used to look like a normal IP address (192.168 etc....) but now when I type "whats my IP" on google it shows a long string of 32 letters and numbers starting 2a00:

Why has it changed, can anyone shed any light please, not sure if I should be concerned. I haven't changed computers or ISP and still using same browser as before.

Carl Bower

Established Member
For some reason my IP address on my computer has changed what it looks like, it used to look like a normal IP address (192.168 etc....) but now when I type "whats my IP" on google it shows a long string of 32 letters and numbers starting 2a00:

Why has it changed, can anyone shed any light please, not sure if I should be concerned. I haven't changed computers or ISP and still using same browser as before.

Sounds like it's just showing you yr IPV6 address instead

mjn

Distinguished Member
The problem is we've run out of IPv4 addresses, so now we have IPv6. There is no way, we'll use them all.........hmmmm, i've heard that before!

sergiup

Distinguished Member
The problem is we've run out of IPv4 addresses, so now we have IPv6. There is no way, we'll use them all.........hmmmm, i've heard that before!

Awh come on...

mjn

Distinguished Member

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
There was still plenty left 11 years ago

map_of_the_internet.jpg

Still a limit though :p

nanobots.png

mjn

Distinguished Member
Ha, DEC and HP having wholes ranges to themselves, back when they thought they had plenty. And when HP bought DEC, their range got larger.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom