-- Help, Please!!! where can I get a silver Arcam AVR100 --

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by csayers, Apr 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. csayers

csayers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!!!

I was planning to pick up an Arcam AVR100 in Silver from Sevenoaks tomorrow and just called them to confirm finding that they only have black!!

If anyone knows of a UK shops selling AVR100's in silver for £300 to £400 then please let me know,

Thanks,

Chris.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    The AVR100 didn't exactly set the world alight and wasn't that well received by the magazines.

You were interested in a Marantz previously but didn't want a gold one. I don't like gold either but have a gold 6200.

Have a look at one and you will see that it isn't really gold at all. It is silvery with very light gold touches here and there. It sits in my chrome and glass rack quite comfortably next to a silver VCR and DVD and I didn't think that it would until I saw one.

3. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    There is one silver AVR100 in Systems in Burleigh Street in Cambridge - I saw it there earlier today at £449.

For the record the AVR 100 actually sold very well in the UK and overseas and exceeded our expectations. I am pleased to say that the AVR 200 has done even better, which is why we keep going out of stock. Both models have consistently been amongst the top 10 best selling receivers in the UK according to GfK market research.

John Dawson (Arcam)

PS (and OT) - I finally got to see Lord of the Rings today - wow what a movie - and pretty much faithful to the book too :)

4. Plump

Plump
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    slightly off topic:
    I much admit that I was much more happy that the movie was faithfull projection of the book than the way it was done. Too unreal, too much effects, hidden and non hidden.
    It causes some pins and needles but they wanted to make spectacle and write the history too obviously.
    Arcam does it qquiet :)
    Cheers
    Plump