Help Please? Want A Great 47-50" Sony Or Panasonic, Non-3D, Non-4K TV

LouLou

Standard Member
Reaction score
I know it's "that question" again but I am bamboozled by what's out there. Most of the mid-range tellies have 3D which I just don't want.

My LCD TV (Toshiba 42WLT68, 100hz, Onkyo speakers, 3 x HDMI, which were all what attracted me at the time, though it is "HD Ready") is about eight years old, and it's time for an upgrade I think! Budget around £750 or so. Love the reviews for the SONY KDL50W829BBU but it has 3D...I just don't see the point of paying for a feature I won't use.

The specs I'm looking for: 47-50", No 3D Or 4K :), Minimum 3 HDMIs, Great Picture Processing, Free Soundbar If Possible, Sony Or Panasonic.

Any help, suggestions appreciated heartily, thank you and Merry Xmas :)

Last edited:
You don't need to ever use the 3D, just the better tvs with higher PQ have the function. Nowadays, you aren't ewally paying for it, you are paying for a better tv

However, if you really don't want it, there is the sony 48w605, unfortunately only at currys (rather than john Lewis or richer sounds)

Buy SONY BRAVIA KDL48W605 Smart 48" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Cheap enough that you can add a soundbar

The 50w829 is a better reviewed tv though and can be bought for budget with 5 year warranty and soundbar

Buy Sony Bravia KDL50W8 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 50" with Freeview/Freesat HD & 2x 3D Glasses | John Lewis

You don't need to ever use the 3D, just the better tvs with higher PQ have the function. Nowadays, you aren't ewally paying for it, you are paying for a better tv

However, if you really don't want it, there is the sony 48w605, unfortunately only at currys (rather than john Lewis or richer sounds)

Buy SONY BRAVIA KDL48W605 Smart 48" LED TV | Free Delivery | Currys

Cheap enough that you can add a soundbar

The 50w829 is a better reviewed tv though and can be bought for budget with 5 year warranty and soundbar

Buy Sony Bravia KDL50W8 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 50" with Freeview/Freesat HD & 2x 3D Glasses | John Lewis
Thanks for the prompt reply. The SONY KDL50W829BBU has such rave reviews you've convinced me :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom