Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help please: Videoclips of faulty 32ZD26P (?)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pullman, Aug 14, 2003.

1. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Toshiba 32ZD26P. I'm generally happy with it but I have some questions.

I have read most (I think) of the threads regarding this TV and I've realised that it's not a problem-free model. Thing is, I think my set is faulty but I have been unable to find any references in the threads to the particular problems my TV appears to display.

What happens is that the left and right vertical image borders appear to "twitch" (oscillate, vibrate etc) giving the impression that the whole picture is being quickly compressed towards the middle and then expanded again to fill the whole screen. This occurs within 10-15 minutes of startup. I have had the TV for less than two months now. What is worrying is that the twitching has increased both in duration and in severity during this time. Initially, the image jumped only slightly, however in recent weeks it is so apparent that one cannot watch a film when it occurs. I am of course concerned that one day the set will suddenly give up and simply die, or something.

It is difficult to describe the phenomenon properly and I therefore recorded three videoclips (.avi) and put them on my website (www.philipus.com). I would ask anyone with 5-15 minutes to spare to have a look at them and tell me if this really is normal behaviour or if my TV is a lemon?

In addition (and I know this has been described here before), the set displays symmetry faults. I have included a picture of these as well on the website. I would be happy if someone could tell me if such flaws are to be expected in these sorts of television sets (much like dead pixels on laptop screens)?

I am immensely grateful for any responses to this, either here on the forum, via email (philip@philipus.com), or via pm.

Thank you
    philip

2. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Just downloading the avis now. The still screen looks much like mine did before I set the geometry properly. Have you seen the thread on the service and designer menus that this TV has? They allow you to fine tune the geometry to a good degree - mine is almost perfect now (except for a slight horzontal squeeze at the far right edge of the screen).

Owain

3. owain_thomas

owain_thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Just had a look at the video clip I've never seen anything like that on mine - I'd definitely get it looked or ask for a replacement (probably the latter cos I'm quite argumentative), it shouldn't do that.

Might be worth just checking that it's not something in your room that does it first, move it somewhere else and see if it improves at all (I know that's not exactly an easy job with this beast of a TV, but it might save a lot of faffing around in future).

HTH
    Owain

4. pullman

pullman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply Owain.

This is what I thought, too. I think there's something wrong and I'll ask someone at Toshiba to have a look at it before I request replacement.

The irritating thing is however that I have thrown away the big box it came in, which might make replacing it impossible...

Thanks again for taking the time to look at the avi's.

Philip