HELP please Video upconversion AV amp

RSRAVI

Well-known Member
Hi i have just got a Denon AV amp model AVR-4306


I have also got a Tv with HDMI ...


my question is it best to plug everything into the av amp

and let it upcovert eg



Hdmi to Hdmi there should be no need to upcovert video should there ....


what about Sky + is it better to use RGB scart to phone leads or SVHS lead

and let the amp upcovert to 720 or 1080 .....

only problem then is amp will have to be on all the time ........

has any one done this is sky alot better is it worth as i dont want to by extra new cables if there is not much difference .......

any help in conneting my stuff would be great my items are in my signature thanks
 

scarty16

Well-known Member
Connect SKY using RGB and using a converter box to change to component, switch on HDMI up convert, connect to screen using HDMI.
 

RSRAVI

Well-known Member
scarty16 said:
Connect SKY using RGB and using a converter box to change to component, switch on HDMI up convert, connect to screen using HDMI.


Hi mate why coverter box when i have all connections on the AV amp

Will componet be the best way ....not SVHS


So i will RGB Scart to Component box is that correct any recommendations on good ones ....thanks
 

scarty16

Well-known Member
RGB is better than Svid

On your amp you have HDMI, Svid, Composite and Component (no RGB).

RGB is not component, therefore, you need to convert from RGB to Component for your amp to accept.

This is wahat we had to do on my fathers 4306.
 

RSRAVI

Well-known Member
scarty16 said:
RGB is better than Svid

On your amp you have HDMI, Svid, Composite and Component (no RGB).

RGB is not component, therefore, you need to convert from RGB to Component for your amp to accept.

This is wahat we had to do on my fathers 4306.


Hi mate was it worth it did picture quality improve alot from sky ....using that av amp


is this one ok will it do the job .....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QED-QVC-SCART...ryZ96942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if so i order one today as the other JS is very expensive thanks
 

scarty16

Well-known Member
picture quality improved dramatically, but this was on a Panasonic PHD8 and I used a THX disc (nemo) to set the screen up.

We went from a orange and white fish with no scales to a fish with scales clearly visibe in orange and white, including the down the little pink flecks in the scales.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QED-QVC-SCART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats the little beauty!!

ps Biamp the front speakers if you can that makes a world of difference as well!!
 

RSRAVI

Well-known Member
scarty16 said:
picture quality improved dramatically, but this was on a Panasonic PHD8 and I used a THX disc (nemo) to set the screen up.

We went from a orange and white fish with no scales to a fish with scales clearly visibe in orange and white, including the down the little pink flecks in the scales.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QED-QVC-SCART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats the little beauty!!

ps Biamp the front speakers if you can that makes a world of difference as well!!


Thanks for the info will order one today and i let you know what happens again thanks for the help mate nice one ta :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:
 

RSRAVI

Well-known Member
scarty16 said:
picture quality improved dramatically, but this was on a Panasonic PHD8 and I used a THX disc (nemo) to set the screen up.

We went from a orange and white fish with no scales to a fish with scales clearly visibe in orange and white, including the down the little pink flecks in the scales.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QED-QVC-SCART-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thats the little beauty!!

ps Biamp the front speakers if you can that makes a world of difference as well!!


thanks mate nice one picture has improved so much its great sky + is now displaying at 1080i thro the denon amp its great no more motion blur any where colours as so vibrant aswell great :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:
 

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom