1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please unlocking a Bared sony P800 (dam EBAY !)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by newstuart, Sep 7, 2005.

Tags:
  1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Hello everyone,

right here is my situation,
    Ive just bought a sony P800 from ebay under the impression it was locked to orrange but could be unlocked, Sent the other half down to local unlocking store to be told the phone is "barred" ?? which means it can not be unlocked or even used with an orrange sim card!

Went back on Ebay to demand a refund and youve guessed it, the seller is no longer registered!!!! :thumbsdow

Question is, Do I go down the long and probally worthless route of complaining through Ebay to try and get a refund or is there a way of un "barring" the phone and using my O2 sim card in it ??

Any input much appreciated :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

2. bbasra

bbasra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    You cannot unbarr phones however, it will work abroad/overseas.

best bet is to try to get a refund via ebay. If not sucessfull, try selling it back on ebay and state that the phone is barred.... someone may buy it from abroad.....

3. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    If its barred then does this mean its been stolen? If its unusable to you then you may as well do the right thing and report it to the police with all the info of the Ebay account, you never know, they may just catch the little b&%%$!! :)