HELP PLEASE!! TV dilemma

Bobbaford

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi. i bought sony 40w2000 at weekend to play xbox 360. when i got home and tried to set 360 to 1080p it didnt work! checked manual and rightly or wrongly doesnt accept 1080p via component or vga! i chose this set over sammy le4087 due to pq as only £20 more expensive. now dilemma is - pq of sony or 1080p of sammy? or keep 1080i sony until can afford 360 elite? any opinions gratefully received.

ps apologies for bad grammar, ive typed this on my wii as pc broke!:lease::lease:

You playing regularly xbox360?If not thats no reason for sending it back!!!!In my opinion keep the tv and buy the elite(if you canfford it!!Why you dont seel it or exchanging with the elite?)

Get a Sony Playstation 3 it will match the brillient TV you got + it is better than Xbox :eek:

Get a Sony Playstation 3 it will match the brillient TV you got + it is better than Xbox :eek:

b0ll0cks my friend,i have a ps3,360 and wii running through my le46m86bd sammy and i havnt switched on my ps3 to play a game in about 3weeks

my 360 is never off at the moment what with bioshock, super street fighter puzzle, bomberman live and moto gp 07 all being fantastic games in there own right....

i say to the original poster get the sammy,fantastic tv in every way :thumbsup:

carper-josh what the hell you smoking? The PS3 is the worst mistake you could make right now. Theres sod all games for it and it costs too much, maybe in a year when its actually got some decent games and costs a lot less it would be a worthy purchase.

The PS3 has nothing going for it at the moment, they'll probably revise the hardware and bring out a better version of it next year like they do with every piece of hardware they make, so what insane person would buy it now.

:offtopic: More Xbox Fan boys! In a year Xbox 360 will be in the dirt, just like the Xbox was! Xbox=:boring: Playstation3=:smashin:

For mostly the reasons Blackbolt gave, I wouldn't buy a PS3 at the moment if you gave me the money. And no I don't have an X-wing, but yeah :offtopic:

:offtopic: More Xbox Fan boys! In a year Xbox 360 will be in the dirt, just like the Xbox was! Xbox=:boring: Playstation3=:smashin:

I'm not an Xbox fanboy, but you clearly are a Sony fanboy. I REALLY REALLY hate people who blindly follow companies into battle. I have my own mind, I know whats a good decision and whats not. I have over 30 games for my 360 and I've yet to see 1 of the games I want appear only on the PS3. There is only 1 game that has me interested in a PS3 and that is Metal Gear Solid 4, but still that game is not worth the £425 + £40 for the game it would cost me.

I appreciate YOUR opinion of xbox 1 is that it was boring, but the second you step over the line, I'll let Curly99 out of his box and you don't want that. But seriously, wake up and think before you spout fanboyish crap.

Fanboyism is a very difficult disease to cure. The problem being that said fanboy can't see the wood for the tree that they've firmly stuffed thier head into. No matter what you say they can only hear the echo of thier own voice inside afore mentioned tree, although that matters not because you're probably wrong anyway.

''Why the heck have you bought another Cavalier Mom?''

''We always have Vauxhals love''

:suicide:

I would just like to thank all bar one of the posts for hijacking my thread and completely making a mockery of why we are here! if I ever pot a new thread, I would rather none of you bothered to even look. stop thinking of urselves for one moment. and carp - ps3 sucks ass at the moment. sorry

hi ,i have the same lcd and i love it.I have a 360 elite now and a ps3.I use to have the normal 360 and yes don t accept 1080p trought component,but it will accept trought vga cable[if come out on your screen thing like:resolution not supported,just click menu on your remote end you will see your 1080p.In the end i can tell you:there is not different between 1080p on vga and 1080p on hdmi cable[or is not detectable with my eyes].So you have a great tv set ,just enjoy and make up your own mind about which console game play on.By the way are both great :clap::clap:

At the end of the day all off my mates (But one) have a Xbox 360. I have played it round there house and yeah Xbox 360 is very good (Gears of war)
As you know i have a Playstation3 which is very good (motorstorm)
Both have different things on them, so its what you want.
There is no need to pick on the playstation or xbox FRIENDS????

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom