1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please - tuner with more timer capacity

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by brownrog, Dec 12, 2004.

1. brownrog

brownrog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone can advise me on this. Currently I have 2 DTT tuners (one for recording, one for watching). Both have 10 event timers (and most of these boxes' timers seem to have this limit). I'm finding this frustrating (10 events isn't much if you're away for a week or more) and I'd like to replace one of the tuners with a product with more timer capacity. I'd relocate the displaced box to a bedroom TV.

But the other requirement is that it has the ability to trigger auto-start recording on my recorder (Pioneer DVR-420H) on the SCART connection that transmits RGB (usually the TV one only).

Anyone able to help by suggesting a product please? I don't need a twin box or a tuner with a PVR.

2. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Want lots of timer events - don't want a PVR - then you are stuffed - AFAIK only the PVRs have a decent amount of timer events