• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Please, Trying to Mount 32" LCD on Plasterboard wall.

burnrubber

Hi,

Be gentle, complete newbie here.

Last night was looking to mount a 32" LCD Tosh 32WLT66 on our bedroom wall.

Have tried as suggested on here using a stud finder, results were poor to say the least.

So I have taken the aerial socket from the wall and noticed that the wall are full of insulation, I have also noticed quite close to the socket there is a metal mesh stud.

The house is 2 years old, Bellway estate, just wondering if it is possible to mount and LC on this type wall?

I was also looking to build a floating wall downstairs for a Panasonic TH42PZ80B, would this type of stud work be consistent throughout the house?

Thanks in advance.:confused:

bsuttie

A 32" should be fine if your mounting it flush to the wall, i.e. not on an extending arm type mount. I'd use toggle fixings, and try to get a couple through the stud using a metal drill bit rather than a masonry one.

Can't advise you re the other one, except to say if it is metal studwork again make sure you get some fixings through the metalwork.

regards

Brian

burnrubber

A 32" should be fine if your mounting it flush to the wall, i.e. not on an extending arm type mount. I'd use toggle fixings, and try to get a couple through the stud using a metal drill bit rather than a masonry one.

The 42" is more of a problem. I have fixed one to a plasterboard / metal stud wall using toggle bolts, but only because I could get fixings onto two studs.

If you can't, you may need to fix a bit of ply over the area to make sure you can catch 2 studs and spread the weight. Again, only for a flush type mount.

regards

Brian

Excellent Brian thanks for your help will bear in mind, were did you get the toggle bolts from?

bsuttie

I just got them from B&Q - be careful though as they sell different lengths that look very similar. The normal length ones should be fine for single sheet plasterboard and metal stud however.

I've used the longer ones on double sheet board successfully and have used them on lath and plaster walls.

regards

Brian

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom