• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help Please!!! Switching from sky to virgin

stuartgrn

Established Member
Hope you guys can give some advise on switching to v+.
My current "entertainment" package is as follows:

Broadband: XL Virgin
Phone: L Virgin line
Broadband and phone cost roughly £35 per month including line rental

TV: Sky HD including sky sports paying £50 per month
Setanta Sports £12.99 per month.

Total cost is around £98 per month

I am looking at switch tv over to virgin to save a bit of money. I realise I will loose the HD (we only really watch the footy of hd) and was looking at what the best deal might be. I have checked with sky that I am not under contract so can leave anytime. I'm sure there must a better deal out there and was hoping for some help in finding it!!!

It would be great if anyone could recommend anything and maybe some advise on the best way to order - will i get a better deal by phone??

Thanks alot for your help guys
Stu

waggy44

Standard Member
I currently have the full V+ package at £59 a month. This includes XL broadband (20mb), XL phone line wih free landline calls and the V+ box. I managed to get the V+ box thrown in for fre to encourage my decision of package when the virgin guy came round with the contracts.
That's maybe the only way of getting a special deal but they may do the same on the phone.

Last edited:

Breeser

Standard Member
Hi

A couple of pieces of advise which I apologise if you are already aware .

• Dont tell them you already spend £98 per month as they will use anything less as a selling point and proof of a cost saving
  • Tell them you have a BT line installed and are cosidering Talk talk for broadband and free calls including Australua etc @ £20/month
  • Tell them all your TV'S have freeview therefore TV is no big deal to you against their S TV Package
That starts the game at a comparison of £20 for phone and BB against Talk Talk

You can then let then sell you all the benifits of XL BB/TV etc . By letting them seemingly talk you into more packages (which you actually want) they will think they are the best sales people in the world. You wil need to haggle hard and protest that the cost is going up . Eventually once they have costed out the full package , tell them it is too expensive but you would consider it for ?? £60/month or what ever your confidence feels is appropriate. When they come back next year to put it up , tell them you are leaving , it wont go up !

My guess is that they would bite the hand off you to get
you on a full package but you will need to seem very reluctant to do so and be aware of your options .

It is a game which disapointingly needs to be played at times . Alternatively just ask for a manager and tell him you will swop if he can do you the first year deal at £60/ month ) That may save all the game playing and get youa good deal .

I have , anytime calls , M BB and S TV for £25/month incl Vat , after a bit of game playing . I will be getting V+ box installed for £30 and no ongoing monthly charge after using the talk talk option .

Good luck and dont tell them you are currently £98

Cheers
B

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom