1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - still searching for a compact 28" Nicam w/s set with 2 RGB scarts!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Adele, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there - after endless months of looking for a new widescreen TV to replace my trusty Sony 21" 4:3 set, I'm beginning to think that I must be too picky and that my ideal set just doesn't exist!! Can anyone suggest a model for me to look for please?

1. I have BIG space restrictions - the TV must be no wider than 780cm.

2. Looking for a Nicam set as I already have a Denon AVR3802 and Monitor Audio speakers (8i,10i,fxi) for surround sound.

3. Wish to have a TV which has TWO RGB scarts (or one RGB plus component inputs - I'm planning to buy a DVD player with component outputs, possibly Denon 2800 Mk2 when it's eventually widely available)

4. Cost £1000 or less

Not too fussy about whether I go for 50 or 100HZ - as long as the pic is fanstastic! I'll mostly be watching Sky Digital, DVDs and playing PS2 games on the set.

I had considered the Tosh 32ZP18, but my other half thinks it looks awful (battleship grey - yuk), plus I don't realy want to spend extra dosh on speakers/surround features that I will never use. I also don't like the sound of all the problems that people have had with that model. The other Tosh Nicam sets all seem to be too wide!

Please help - I'm starting to think that I should just give up!

Thanks,
    Adele.

2. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    780 mm wide of course - NOT 780cm!
    DOH!

3. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    Not sure of the dimensions, but check out the Philips 28PW9617. Superb picture and you should find it for under a grand - 4 scarts of which 2 RGB. Trust me, the picture will blow your socks off - if you're wearing any. In fact its so good if its too wide knock a wall down.

4. Adele

Adele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks philipb - this set looks lovely, and does seem to be fairly compact.

Not really sure I want to shell out extra dosh for 5.1 dolby digital and wireless rears speakers I'll never use though!

Is there a Nicam equivalent of this set that also has 2 RGB scarts? The Philips website doesn't seem to specify whether scarts on their sets support RGB.

Thanks.

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0