HELP please .. sony or tosh again

F1F3R

Standard Member
Reaction score
help me choose my first rear projection tv .( buying next few days )

i still cant come too a conclusion on what too buy .

its either the sony kp44px2 or toshibas 42wt29b .

i have found a online store selling the 100 hz toshiba 42wt29b + free dvd and + free video for 1469.99 inc vat + free delivery . extended warranty is 124 for 3 yrs

total price for tv + dvd + video + 3 yrs warranty is 1593

the best sony price i have found so far is 1589.99 + 124 for 3 yrs extended warranty which totals 1713
(or 1996.99 with free sony dvd player and free sony video 1 yrs warranty)

i havent ordered a tv online before so what is the after-sales service like if there was a problem with tv etc ?

thnx for help
F1F3R.

after having 4 rp tvs, all of which failed, I now have the sony px2. Fantastic set. I found that the tosh wt29 had a soft picture.

hth

shaun

thnx shaun for the quick reply .

i read the other subjects also , and found them very interesting .

but after watching a football match today in comet , i was disappointed with the sony . all the other RPtvs looked ok too me . ( but im no expert ) even cheap RPtvs the picture seemed far superior .

imo it was a terrible picture. unless it was not setup properly ?
after telling the salesman . he stated that a engineer was at the tv as others complained about the picture .

i am tryng too convince myself to buy the sony .
but until i see it with a better picture i just cant. :(

i have read the reviews about the sony and they are all fantastic , so i pressume it had not been set up properly in the shop ?

but my worry is , if i buy the px2 and it has a similar setup problem , can i fix it myself . ( as i said in another post .. it takes me a while to find the on/ off button :) )

so i will try another shop to see the px2 again .

F1F3R.

I have had mine a while now and the picture is stunning. I am very fussy too. I had 2 panasonics and a tosh rp. The sony beats them all in all respects. It also looks excellent.

all the best
shaun

i dont want too make the wrong decision :)

thats why im trying too read all searched posts about the tvs , and looking at the owners reports about them .
most say the sony is best .

i will hopefully find out over next day or two when i visit other shops .

thnx again

F1F3R .

I'm either looking for the 50hz model 42PW23P - or a front projector.

Have you checked if the 100hz model has problems with fast camera pans, does it pixellate and judder?

Toshiba havn't emailed me back whether this set will accept progressive scan singal. A bit naff.

hi nathan_ silly :)
the picture looked good too me instore and i didnt notice it too pixellate and judder .. and im pressuming it was running at 100 hz.

ive no idea if it will accept progressive scan singal.( heh dont even know what that is :) )

but im off too look at same 2 tvs in another few stores today .
and ask about progressive scan singal.

i'll let you know later .

F1F3R

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom