Help Please - Sony A200 DSLR lens

Gordon360

Standard Member
Good Morning,

I recently bought a Sony A200 DSLR camera, and then decided to then buy a 500mm lens with a 2X converter and lens to camera ring. It was purchased from Australia.

Unfortunately, I keep getting a message saying 'Lens not attached' and therefore the shutter wont operate!

Does the lens for this type of camera need to be a specific type?

Any help would be appreciated.
Gordon

What type of fitting is the lens?

mne2

Good Morning,

I recently bought a Sony A200 DSLR camera, and then decided to then buy a 500mm lens with a 2X converter and lens to camera ring. It was purchased from Australia.

Unfortunately, I keep getting a message saying 'Lens not attached' and therefore the shutter wont operate!

Does the lens for this type of camera need to be a specific type?

Any help would be appreciated.
Gordon

As you have a converter ring you have obviously purchased a different fitting which isn't fully compatible with the Sony. It will work in full manual mode but you have to do everything - set apature, focus etc. Hope this helps!

Gordon360

Standard Member
Thanks for your replies,

The lens screws into a ring that then locates onto the camera. Sorry, dont know what this fitting is called.

I have tried to set the maual mode (M) but still the same happens 'No Lens attached'

Gordon

Pirate!!

Banned
It sounds like you have a manual M42 mount lens with an A-mount adapter ring to fit the body.

Is there is a setting in the camera menu for 'lens confirm' or 'shutter lock'? You'll need to turn this to 'off' if there is.

If there isn't you'll still need to set the mode dial to 'M' and the AF/MF switch to MF. You'll then have to set your shutter speed and aperture manually. I think this ought to solve your issue.

However, assuming you have a plain adapter ring, buy yourself an AF confirm adapter ring. Item: 120417592813 refers. It'll give focus confirmation and allow the SSS to operate as well. There may cheaper ones, but if you intend to use M42 mount lenses, then this ought to help you.

Last edited:

mne2

It sounds like you have a manual M42 mount lens with an A-mount adapter ring to fit the body.

Is there is a setting in the camera menu for 'lens confirm' or 'shutter lock'? You'll need to turn this to 'off' if there is.

If there isn't you'll still need to set the mode dial to 'M' and the AF/MF switch to MF. You'll then have to set your shutter speed and aperture manually. I think this ought to solve your issue.

However, assuming you have a plain adapter ring, buy yourself an AF confirm adapter ring. Item: 120417592813 refers. It'll give focus confirmation and allow the SSS to operate as well. There may cheaper ones, but if you intend to use M42 mount lenses, then this ought to help you.

Pirate - have you any experience of an AF confirm ring? The reason i ask is that i've read lots of different experiences with them

Gordon360

Standard Member
Thanks for all your replies.

I have decided that its best to return what I have and then buy a dedicated Sony lens, then I'll be sure that I wont have any problems.

Thank you for all your assistance.

Gordon

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom