Question Help please!!! Sony 40w705 or 43w755?

Tarantino

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm really torn between these two sets and I don't want to miss the right deal now the prices are low. I'll be using it mainly for watching football and movies (HD), lots of other SD content, and USB reproduction. Some Smart functions too (YouTube etc...). Money is not huge issue, I would gladly fork out additional 100 euros or so for w75 line, but I've heard lost of complaints about Android Smart being too slow and buggy. On the other hand, motion is alegedly much better handled on w75 one. Should I be worried about TV being too slow, even when it comes to switching between two channels, or should I just go for better TV overall? Thanks.

What are the full model numbers? The letter after dictates the year of production.

Also are you aware new TV models are being released this spring?

I'm talking about 2015 line up. There was no 40w705 in 2014, only 40w605 and 42w705. But here are full model numbers:

Sony 43W755C

or

Sony 40W705C

Yes, I'm aware new models are being released soon. That's why I'm trying to get great deal on last year's models. You think I should wait for new line up? Because 43w755c ticks all the right boxes for me. I'm afraid, due to large number of emerging 4k sets, that I won't be able to get great build quality and great full hd picture without having to pay extra for 4k, when in reality I won't be needing it anytime soon. I hope all this makes some sense:D

Well the only difference as far as I can see is android TV and the motion interpolation refresh rate.

200hz vs 800hz but I wouldn't be fooled by this too much, it only means you might get better motion when using the TV clear motion option on a higher setting. A lot of the time people prefer it off so don't use it at all.

Best thing would be to go to a store and sample watching some sport with the motion interpolation on compared to off.

If you need to stick to Sony and don't care that much about android TV the new 1080p TV's they are releasing don't have android TV anymore but it sticks with the basic apps instead. The wd5 and 7 series is already released but I haven't seen any reviews yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom