Help please - Sharp LC-30HV4E or LC-30AD1E

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dazzledoc, Nov 30, 2004.

Tags:
  1. dazzledoc

dazzledoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help :lease:

I am in the market to buy an LCD TV and over the past weks I have been following various threads on this forum, read numerous reviews and visited several shops to see the TVs in the flesh. I have narrowed my choice down to the Sharp LC-30AD1E or LC-30HV4E. Both look great and seem to have excellent specs and reviews. They are similar prices online (£1400 and £1500).

Can anyone who owns one help me decide by telling me how good they are or any glaring drawbacks. I have ntl via cable and will watch DVDs as well (not a gamer).

Thanks

2. dazzledoc

dazzledoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    These are older specs than the GA, GD model range and as a result, IMO, the picture is no where near as good. Bear in mind that the 'excellent reviews' were probably comparing against technology a year or so ago. LCD technology have moved on alot in the last 9 months, better, blacker, brighter, cheaper, faster etc.

For instance, I both are 15:9 (1280x768) displays, probably with a slower response time than the 16ms available with the GA/GD ranges. This info is from the Sharp web site. Some of the reviews and shop adverts quote them both as being 1366x768 - I tend to believe the Sharp data on this one.

-Ian

4. dazzledoc

dazzledoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for your reply, Ian

Is the 1280x768 a problem? I have read the specs for a lot of current LCD TVs and most seem to be 1280 x768. The two I have mentioned are also from Sharp's current range as advertised on their website and 1 review of the LC-30AD1E is from the Sept 04 edition of Home Cinema Choice. I also really like the idea of the separate AV box to avoid having to make new connections when the screen is fitted to the wall as I intend to do. Other LCDs with this feature such as the Sony seem to be much more expensive.