Help please: Set-up Archos 5, DVR and recording from Sky+

ranmark

Standard Member
Real novice but trying to get the Archos 5-250GB set-up and thought i was near for recording from TV and Sky+

I have used all the wiring that comes with the Archos and DVR and wired into Sky+ box and Sony TV HD!!

Have TV Program Guide updated on the Archos Screen plus TV Scheduler.

I have pre-set selected programs to record from Sky+ and various channels but mostly films on the BBC, ITV, Five, and film 4.

It does record but not the Channel I want but at least it does record!!

What mistake/s have I made in the set-up and/or the wiring?

Should I master reset and start again - nothing saved on Archos so no problem.

Can I also ask: I have the full Sky Plus package with sport, film, arts plus also setanta?

On the TV Program Guide, there are many missing stations including sky movies, bravo, news channels etc., BBC 3 and 4 and many others. Is this due to my incorrect set-up or just the way it is? So then recording movies is restricted to terrestrial plus a few channels but not Sky movies etc (understand not box office)

Any comments welcome

Thankyou in advance

Ranmark

MarkTaylor

This isn't any aspect of my Archos that I use much, but when you say it is recording the wrong channels, is it just that the list of channel numbers doesn't match what is on Sky or is it trying to use an extra 0 in the channel number as that is a configuration option?

For the missing channels I believe it is possible to add them via the TVTV website once you have logged in using the details from your account found on ARCHOS. That said, I think there is another thread around here where others are also having problems adding missing channels.

Butters

For the missing channels I believe it is possible to add them via the TVTV website once you have logged in using the details from your account found on ARCHOS. That said, I think there is another thread around here where others are also having problems adding missing channels.

My god it's a dark art and if anyone can find out how to add the channels to the programme guide I would love to hear how they did it!!

I have added the sky movie channels on the tvtv website and they appear on the Archos if you fire up the TV Programme guide then from the options drop down (top right of the screen) select settings, then select set tv channel list. The movie channels appear there but you have no options to add a tick for them to be added and displayed in the guide. I have given up with it now - lifes too short!! :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom