Help Please Sapphire 9600XT Ultimate and Shuttle SB61G2 v3 Problem

Gadget Daddy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone can help or offer any advise re: the above kit, the problem is as soon as any ATI/Sapphire Video drivers are added the pc reboots and the display stays black, the only way to get the pc back is to boot into safe mode and un-install drivers / remove display adptrs, then re-boot, it then finds them as VGA adtprs and thats the all I seem to be able to set it up as, Ive flashed shuttle to latest bios d/w`ed latest drivers from ati and sapphire the net result is always the same, Im now running out of ideas.. :rolleyes: ..........can anyone help or advise...... :lease:

Cheers
Pete

nah it had an onboard intel, which I disabled and removed drivers, must also add that Ive completely wiped it aswell must of rebuit it about 7 times before this message :suicide: :suicide: ............also tried 2 different hard disks

Pete

Hmm what's airflow like - the xt ultimate has a huge heatsink and needs some airflow over it; the shuttle will have little in the way of free air...once you install the drivers the card will start running quicker/hotter - try with the case open and a fan blowing on the card... it's worth a shot.

also check your BIOS settings and make sure that all the onboard video is turned off and the init order is AGP first etc.

Airflow is good have not put lid back on since I had this jip, also onboard is disabled via bios.

This is the rest of the pc bits
3gig P4 Northwood, 1gig Twinmoss dual channel, ATI 9600XT Ultimate (passive), Pioneer 108 +/-RW OEM in silver. Pc modified with 120mm exhaust fan to run cool and quiet.

So really all seems to be in order..........but Ive never owned an ATI card before
just wondered if theres some sort of tweaks that Im not aware of having never owned one.

Pete

No there should be nothing that needs doing.:confused:
What chipset do you have? i865g ?

Can't think of anything more TBH. Might be worth contacting the seller for an exchange / refund

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom