• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please! (RROD)

hotstepper

so i've had my 360 from launch day and today without any warning i got the 3red lights!! :suicide:

it's very well ventilated and i have never had a single issue with it in the past.
i have disconnected everything and all back together again but still no luck!!

anyone know anything else i can try before i have to cough up some dosh for a new one :thumbsdow

also, is it still in covered by the 3 year deal... i dont have any of the receipts though

thanks

Macron

Banned
You don't need the receipt from the store or anything just go to the Xbox support site and register your console, book a repair, print out the address lable, box up your 360 with the lable on it and phone UPS to collect it.

Don't bother trying any of the dodgy fixes you might find on Google (especially the towel one) as they don't usually work for long anyway.

Just send the console off and play the waiting game.

If you can't wait for it to be fixed buy another one and if / when yours comes back then sell it.

Mine was back and fixed in under 2 weeks.

Mr Ten

Banned
what if you bought the console 2nd hand and it has already been registerd ?

how old is the oldest uk spec 360 now adays ?

hotstepper

You don't need the receipt from the store or anything just go to the Xbox support site and register your console, book a repair, print out the address lable, box up your 360 with the lable on it and phone UPS to collect it.

Don't bother trying any of the dodgy fixes you might find on Google (especially the towel one) as they don't usually work for long anyway.

Just send the console off and play the waiting game.

If you can't wait for it to be fixed buy another one and if / when yours comes back then sell it.

Mine was back and fixed in under 2 weeks.

thanks...
do you need to send the hard drive with or just the console

hotstepper

Don't send anything apart from the console.

ok thanks...
i always thought i was "safe" as i never had any of the problems that other people talked about...
suppose 2 and a half years was a good run :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom