Help please - rear speaker distance

Syphon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just upgraded my speakers to some Q Acoustics 2000i 5.1.

I'm looking to wall mount the rear speakers at 90 degrees, which would be fine, except the official brackets won't go to this angle.

I can mount the speakers directly on either wall however this will mean there is about 2 foot difference in distance between the seating position.

Is this a non issue and Audyssey will take care of it, and I'm being too fussy, or should I be seeking to get different brackets and mounting the same distance?

Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,

Scott

Last edited:
Would have thought Audyssey would make it liveable.

I guess we'd need to know total distance. Ie are we talking 3ft and 5ft or 13ft and 15ft.

Would have thought Audyssey would make it liveable.

I guess we'd need to know total distance. Ie are we talking 3ft and 5ft or 13ft and 15ft.

Hi. It's about 1ft.

Cheers.

One of my surrounds is just under 1 meter away from prime and the other 1.6 meters away and room correction tunes it perfectly.

Hi. Maybe it's me being slow.

If you use these existing brackets what will the two distances be to the Main listening position?

Hi. Maybe it's me being slow.

If you use these existing brackets what will the two distances be to the Main listening position?

Hi, one will be 73 inches the other 63.

ta

That's fine don't worry about it, that is what these systems are for, people rarely have a perfectly symmetrical speaker layouts.

Thanks for the advice all.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom