Question HELP PLEASE re Philips Ambilight TV Settings(blacks)

disneyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
PHILIPS Ambilight 43PUS6814/12 43" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR

Hi all, I have the above tv and I am struggling with the settings for blacks predominantly. I have tried making some adjustments but I end up making the picture worse in other ways.

Can someone with the same tv or similar model tv help me out please? Maybe post a few screenshots of what settings are good?

Thanks a lot everyone

The biggest trip up with the settings on all Philips tv's is the fact that Contrast is actually backlight, so unlike every other telly ever adjusting contrast makes the picture brighter so put this to the lower mid, the real contrast is Video Contrast, this is the one that will give you deeper blacks.
I used to have a 6753 and this drove me potty for quite a while.

The biggest trip up with the settings on all Philips tv's is the fact that Contrast is actually backlight, so unlike every other telly ever adjusting contrast makes the picture brighter so put this to the lower mid, the real contrast is Video Contrast, this is the one that will give you deeper blacks.
I used to have a 6753 and this drove me potty for quite a while.
Hi, thanks a lot for this!
I will check those settings. Can you suggest what numbers I should dial in for them?

Hi, thanks a lot for this!
I will check those settings. Can you suggest what numbers I should dial in for them?
Not really as I don't have that set but just put the backlight to where you're happy, not burning your retinas or anything, usually around midway and contrast I usually have around the early 90's. But it might be different for you.
Maybe someone in here has the same set and can give you a bit more detail.

Not really as I don't have that set but just put the backlight to where you're happy, not burning your retinas or anything, usually around midway and contrast I usually have around the early 90's. But it might be different for you.
Maybe someone in here has the same set and can give you a bit more detail.
Cool, thanks for your help :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom