Help Please, re. Component video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by synnag, Apr 29, 2001.

1. synnag

synnag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Auditioned a Denon DVD 3300 yesterday. I was very impressed by the picture and sound. This player does not have Component Video. Am I making a mistake purchasing a player without this feature? I anticipate running it with a Denon 3801 and possibly a Toshiba Rear Projection TV. Is component Video really necessary? and if it is, why have Denon omitted it on this expensive player?
    Simple replies please, as not too up on the technical side.
    Thanks in advance of any informed replies.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes component is a definite improvement over s-vhs. I use a front projection system and now use component. You need the best possible output signal, especially in using a rear/front projection system.
    I would'nt buy a dvd player without this feature, as long as my display had input for component that is! :eek:

3. synnag

synnag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there nincO,

Thanks for your reply. Have you got any suggestions on a player that incorporates Component Video and can deliver blinding CD sound. Cheers.

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I beleive the DVD 3300 has RGB output through one of it's SCART's. This will the give the same quality of mpciture as component and all (decent) new TV's will take RGB, whereas not all do component.

Don't not buy it for that reason only.

Rick

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use a toshiba sd200e. Although they have just stopped making these, I have found it to be fantastic for component picture and good for cd's too. Although I use a seperate cd player for cd's.
    I think you can still get one from some shops. Although rce and multiregion is a must.

:D

6. AVMAN

AVMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IF YOU WANT A GOOD PLAYER WITH COMPONENT OUT PUTS THERES LOADS.ALL THE SONY MODELS 535/735 AND 9000ES HAVE IT.PIONEERS 737 HAVE IT,ARCAM DV88 HAVE IT ETC ETC.
    PIONEER AND SONY 9000ES ALSO HAVE PROGRESSIVE SCAN SO IF YOU UPGRADE FROM YOUR REAR PROJECTION TO FRONT PROJECTION THEN WAIT UNTILL YOU SEE THE DIFFRENCES, THIS ONLY APPLYIES TO REGION 1 DVDS AT THE MOMENT THOUGH

7. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,059
    The DVD3300 doesn't have component outputs as it's designed for higher quality audio playback. The DVD2800 (of which we have one of the first in the country) is the Denon for tip top video playback. Well, they say it is but I've not had time to test it out yet.

The DVD2800 is progressive scan too.

Gordon

8. rob@rar.org.uk

[email protected]
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much will the 2800 retail for?

Regards

Robert

9. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,059
    The DVD2800 is £750. It's in a DVD5000 box and has NTSC prog scan output. Which, hopefully I'll be able to test next week.

I'm testing another manufacturers prog scan unit just now and hope to post about it at the weekend, if not before..

Gordon