1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please! Problem with Panny TX32LXD1

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Waser, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I apologise for the long post but I am getting desperate with this problem. If anyone could help or offer any advice I'd be really grateful. :confused:

I am currently having a problem with my Panasonic TX32LXD1 TV. I bought it around July and after about 2 or 3 months I noticed that it made an intermittent cracking or snapping sound, occasionally it is very loud other times quite a slight sound. I struggle to describe it with words but it's like a sharp static electrcity noise. It seems to come out from the back of the TV and it is intermittent, after the TV is on for a few hours it seems to go away.

I have sent the TV back to Panasonic twice and they have returned it saying they can't find anything wrong with it. They suggested that it could be an interferance problem caused by another appliance. I have done various tests by unplugging my consoles, DVD player, I have had my Sky box replaced but it still happens. It is really doing my head in. I have tried different scart cables, multi-scart splitters. Different power extension cables. Everything I can think off! But no luck.

I must add that I do hear these noises in my games consoles too and also in other appliances around the house. I never heard this in my previous place and recently bought a new house. I am beginning to think this may be symptoms of EMI from the electric sockets.

My questions are:

-With LCD TVs, is this a common way they react to EMI? I don't notice any flickering of the picture just the noise.

-Does my description sound like this is a problem with my electrics that anyone has experienced, or does anyone have any other ideas?

-What can I do to resolve this problem. Would something like this Surge Protector help?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...973/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/202-3525129-0192618

I am currently using a standard Surge Master for my TV but that hasn't helped, this says it is designed for the following:

-Safe power protection and lower distortions for clearer picture and cleaner sound

-Power Filter Technology (PFT) isolates contamination to prevent AC and EMI/RFI power distortions

-Any other suggestions? :lease: