1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - Problem with BBCi on IDTV

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Dr_Mike, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My dad has recently got a Panasonic TX 28DT4 IDTV, and whilst it works perfectly most of the time, it seems to have trouble with some of the BBCi services.

Specifically, the 'News Multiscreen' option on BBCi when accessed off of BBC News 24 doesn't work. You get two empty boxes with text but no pictures. You can move the cursor up and down between the two boxes, but cannot select either of them.

We get a similar thing on the Teletext Channel. It takes you to the title page, but you can't go anywhere after that. (Is ITV Teletext available on Freeview ?)

I don't have freeview myself (yet) so am not really familar with what is available, and what it can do.

Any help or suggestions gratefully recieved

2. henchard

henchard
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I thought someone more knowlegeable than me might have replied! However, this can be a problem on sony idtv's because of the way auto tuning 'sees' channels 701,202 and 703

Take a look at http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=106823

which explains this. As I only have a Sony I can't comment on the panny but it may be something similar.

3. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for the suggestion, but (as far as I can tell), the panny does see channels 701, 702 and 703 on their correct numbers.

BTW we can now get ITV teletext to work. It only comes up if you go to that channel via the 'Guide' screen, but not by any other method.

Sound familiar to anyone ?