1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please! Problem setting up Denon with Hitachi plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kismet110, Mar 26, 2005.

1. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I eventually got around to unpacking and setting up the Denon DHT500 with a Hitachi 42PD5200 plasma today but have run into a couple of problems, hope some kind soul can help:lease:

I initially attached via SCART cable, attached all the speakers and went into the set up menu. I switched the output to component, turned off, disconnected the SCART, connected the component lead, l/r audio and video jack then powered it up again.

Whilst the sound is fine the picture is not; it had a heavy green tinge when I played A Bugs Life, switched disk in case it was a one-off, still the same problem.

I've gone back into setup, still is set to Component so not sure what is going on! Also, if I turn on Progressive Scan on the DVD the picture becomes unwatchable; "No Sync Signal" comes up on the screen - I think this 2nd problem is related to the de-interlacing done by the plasma screen itself but would be great if someone could confirm this?

Am now going to try switching setup back to RGB and re-connecting via SCART to confirm the green tinge is a component-only problem, in the meantime your ideas/advice would be most appreciated.

Regards

ALI

(cross-posted in All-in-One Forum)

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    that green tinge can be the result of blue and green cables being the wrong way round

3. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Thanks for your prompt response mep, whilst setting it up to run via SCART again I had a thought and went into the setup on the plasma and noticed AV2 input wasn't set to component, still on composite - DOH!

Switched this to component, tried again and voila, no greenish tinge or lack of signal when using P-Scan.

Thanks again.

ALI

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    Doh indeed!....:)