1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE!! PJ Problem!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mason, Apr 4, 2005.

1. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    I have just got my first PJ!!! :clap: I have purchased the PT-AE700 however, I have a problem withthe picture.

I installed a pull down screen which is sitting flush with the wall (6ft screen), so there is no problem with that. The PJ is sitting on a rack about 1.5 meters high and is positioned in the corner of the room- which is approx. 0.5meters off the edge of the screen (right hand facing edge of the screen).

The picture projects onto the screen but I cant seem to get the image showing full screen!! The left hand side of the picture is complete but the picture then narrows left to right, which therefore means that picture is measuring 4ft high at the left hand side and maybe only 3ft high at the right hand side.

I have tried lense shift and keystone to try and get the picture correct- but I cant get it and its driving me mad!! I have also tried adjusting the feet on the PJ so that I am tilting the picture but it doesnt do anything either- it does fix it a but but not enough. The easiest solution here is to mount the pj on the ceiling of the wall facing the pj- but for various reasons this is not an aption at this moment in time.

Im I doing something wrong or is it simply because I am projecting from the corner of the room? can you project from an angle and still get a flush picture??

This is a difficult post as I have no pictures but your input would be appreciated!!

Thanks

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Hi.

It sounds like you are expecting too much of the optical lens shift.

If it's anything like the TX100 the maximum distance offcentre you can go is 18 inches for a 6 ft screen.

Optical lens shift should be viewed as a fine adjustment aid, not a license to place the PJ anywhere in the room.

You are probably having to point the PJ at an angle at the screen hence why you are getting keystoning. Digital keystone correction degrades the PQ hence should be avoided. You are best trying to line up the PJ as central to the screen as poss, as I say it sounds like you have a max 18 inches to play with. Use a portable table type setup if that's the only option. You are right though, ceiling mounting is often the ideal solution.

Good luck!...PJ

3. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Thanks for the response PJ....looks like I am gonnae have to move the projector. Im going to put it on the wall facing the screen.

I did a bit of mucking about with it today and a move is definately on.

Cheers

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    That should improve matters no end. Ensure any keystone adjustment you have applied is turned off.
    Good luck!...PJ

5. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131

Well!!

I have moved the PJ and wall mounted it and the outcome is fantastic!!!

No keystone and very little lense shift... the picture is crystal!!

I have now successfully installed the screen and PJ.... pictures will follow shortly.

Thanks for the advice!! :smashin:

6. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yeh, you should always try and avoid any keystone adjustments as much as possible, the least you have to muck about with the picture the better

7. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Crikey did you manage that all on your own ;)

Adrenochrome.

8. mason

mason

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +131
    Cheeky rat!! :rotfl: