1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please... Pink tint???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mowlith, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Mowlith

Mowlith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone give me some advice please... When connecting my DVD (Denon) to my new Philips 9946, I am getting a pink tint to the picture through one of the scart sockets, if I change scarts (I have 2 scarts) it is ok, is this to do with RGB??? Should I have a different scart lead for the DVD?

I have sky running through the other scart and that is fine whichever scart socket I use. I am lost on this.
    It also now seems that as I have chaged scarts over the screen does not auto detect the sorce I am playing IE. I have to manually change from sky to DVD from the remote, but before it used to change as and when I played a DVD.

Any help would be apreciated.

2. lawrenso

lawrenso
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Hi Dave.jj

sounds like the scart you are using is not fully wired. Get yourself a Thor or QED Scart cable and make sure it is fully wired. That should sort out your problem. I believe you can get Thor cables from Maplins which should be open on a Sunday

Cheers

Lawrenso

3. Mowlith

Mowlith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I am using IXOS XHT611 scarts which are fully wired, but I have only just brought them, would this suggest that the lead could be faulty?????

4. Mowlith

Mowlith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have just looked in my settings... and I am thinking that maybe this has something to do with the scart sockets on the plasma?? would it cause this problem if only one of the sockes would accept RGB....

I have checked and sky is outputting RGB but my DVD just says Scart, Interlaced, or progressive... would scart mean RGB?

5. Macleanrd

Macleanrd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    sounds like the dvd is set to component output, you will need to set it to rgb, it will be ok then....I think