• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please - pc setup on tv

P

phildee1

Hi forum, really appreciate any help on this one,

Am having trouble setting up my pc on my samsung UE40EH6030, The pc starts to boot up and I see windows vista loading then the screen goes black for about 5 seconds and a no signal message is seen, I've phoned samsung and was told to update the firmware which I did but no joy same problem any help please

Thanks in advance

Phil

sutton8

Your set seems to have DVI as well as HDMI. How is your PC connected to the TV?

Make sure you are using latest drivers for your graphics card, try another cable, try different HDMI inputs if using. Are you sure your card can output 1080p? Perhaps it is sending a resolution your TV does not recognise.

Is there a PC mode on the TV?

Go into CCC or Nvidia control panel and make sure your card has the right resolution selected for display on a TV. Sometimes you have to tell the card it is sending to a TV and not a normal monitor.

Last edited:
P

phildee1

Hi Sutton8, my pc is connected by hdmi to hdmi, I will try like you said to update the graphics card thats the only thing I have not done yet.

there is no pc mode on the tv, the instructions say use hdmi1 for pc and ive tried it in hdmi2 and get the same no signal

sutton8

Which graphics card are you using? Have you tried DVI to see if that works?

I'm sure I've had this same problem in the past and I think it is usually to do with non matching resolutions.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom