• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please! Panasonic TH-42PX70 Speakers

danunited

Standard Member
Hi All

Hope someone can help.

I recently purchased the TH-42PX70 PED at a bargain price with the 5 year guarantee. Not really the ideal time to buy for me but could not resist the offer.

I now need some advise about a sound surround system. Unfortunately I have little knowledge of this kind of thing and do not know too much technical information.

Questions - Am I able to just buy stand up speakers to improve the sound quality or MUST i buy a full home theatre system? I have Sky plus and watch dvd's. If so what kind of speakers should I be looking for?

If a full home theatre system is required I think I will have to wait until later this year. Is the Panasonic PT850 the model I should be looking at or will the PT450 be suitabkle for the type of TV I have? I have also read that the Yamaha AV-3101 system maybe suitable.

Please can anyone help bearing in mind I currently only have a limited budget.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers
dan

kentish_lad

Established Member
Hi All

Hope someone can help.

I recently purchased the TH-42PX70 PED at a bargain price with the 5 year guarantee. Not really the ideal time to buy for me but could not resist the offer.

I now need some advise about a sound surround system. Unfortunately I have little knowledge of this kind of thing and do not know too much technical information.

Questions - Am I able to just buy stand up speakers to improve the sound quality or MUST i buy a full home theatre system? I have Sky plus and watch dvd's. If so what kind of speakers should I be looking for?

If a full home theatre system is required I think I will have to wait until later this year. Is the Panasonic PT850 the model I should be looking at or will the PT450 be suitabkle for the type of TV I have? I have also read that the Yamaha AV-3101 system maybe suitable.

Please can anyone help bearing in mind I currently only have a limited budget.

Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers
dan

Ok, you cant just add speakers to your display you will need a system, forget the 450 you mentioned it hasnt got an optical input for you Sky for 5.1

The next model up, the 550 has

johnnya

Standard Member
I have the same TV with SDky HD.

I went for a Jamo A 102 HCS system - nice unit with small speakers and an active Sub. Have to say I am very impressed with the sound for the size / price (~ £ 420). It has an optical input (which takes sound from the Sky HD giving DD 5.1) and links to the TV using HDMI. Also has a USB interface to take MP3 / JPG images etc. which whilst a nice feature has not been used much except for some digital cam pics, and I found that v slow so not as impressive.

If you are looking for some good Home Cinema sound with space / budget restrictions, then I would consider this.

Happy Shopping!

Jules156

Standard Member
Hi dan. Dont make the same mistake as I did and buy the SCPT450. It has limited connectivity. It sounds very good but has no optical input so you wont be able to connect a PS3 or SKY HD in the future to facilitate 5.1 Digital sound.

regards

Jules

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom