help please on removing front speakers on peugeot 106

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by bob_hell, Mar 7, 2006.

1. bob_hell

bob_hell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi guys, im new to this forum and was wondering if someone could help me

i have a peugeot 106 made in 2002 and i am trying to replace the front speakers, i have removed the door panels but the speakers seem to be held by 4 pop rivets, which i do not know how to remove, i also dont know how i would then attach new speakers.

thanks very much in advance,

ps... also if anyone has any recommendation on speakers it would be greatly appreciated (i think i need 13cm/5 inch speakers and i have an Alpine CDA-9853R head unit, i am willing to spend up to about £130)

thanks again :)

2. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    You would have to drill them out and then when you fit new speakers. You would use telf tappers and they would do your job. A detailed install can be given but please post a pic of the speaker.

3. scottpin

scottpin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Most new speakers come with a few diffrent fixings and there's usually a set of tabs that clip around your drilled out hole to screw into. Around the £130 mark you could try the Boston FS50 components which will allow scope for upgrade to external amplification later on. If you're not planning to run a seperate amp in the future then something like the Infinity Reference Range will probably do the job for you and if you hunt around online you should be able to find a set for no more than £100 delivered. I know a lot of 206 owners from an owners club I'm in rave about the Infinity's.