Help please on getting my first 'all in one' remote

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

Hi there

At this moment in time i have 5 pieces of equipment theat all use remotes and i need a new fancy remote that does all of them.

I see the Harmony 885 is popular and is very customisable, is that a good remote to go for?

Could i pick up one of these in th US and use it here?

deewee

Hi there
I see the Harmony 885 is popular and is very customisable, is that a good remote to go for?
Could i pick up one of these in the US and use it here?
The 885 is the european version of the 880 - and is not usually available in the US.
The 880 should work over in UK - BUT it doesn't have the R G B Y coloured (teletext) buttons which are so useful over here. :thumbsdow
Otherwise you will have to map them as soft keys, and you can only show 6 on screen at once. :suicide:

Vogon64

Novice Member
not quite sure what deewee was rambling about the 880 for :confused: but anyway...(just read the post better - now I understand the comment!)

I bought a 525 a few months back and it is great, and still quite cheap.(it is also the Uk variant and so has the coloured buttons).

The ergonomics of the more expensive harmony's may be more to your taste, and they do offer increasing levels of "sexiness" but if like me you want to take your first step on the ladder I recommend the 525.

Does everything you need, but is not so expensive you have to put it on a high shelf to protect it from the kids.:)

JUD1962

Standard Member
Got 525 from komplett now being replaced with 555 6 month's old now 525 still brill:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom