Help please - no picture in AV1

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Iain Macdonald, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Iain Macdonald

Iain Macdonald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grateful if someone can help please.

I can get sound but no picture on AV1 from my video or DVD players. The TV is a Bush OnDigital integrated digital TV. Ondigital is a company in receivership, so no assistance is available. The video is an AIWA HV-FX7700K.

The aerial connects to ANTENNA IN on the AIWA. A cable leads from the R/F OUT on the AIWA to the ANTENNA IN on the TV. On the TV a short lead connects the R/F IN and R/F OUT sockets. Finally, a scart lead connects the AIWA to the TV.

These settings worked fine until my son's friend plugged in a PS2 playstation to the TV with a scart lead.

Now I can't manage to retrieve the situation.

The TV uses UHF channel 69. THe TV standard can be either RGB or composite. The AIWA output channel is RF C67.

I can only get sound from the DVD player too, which indicates that something in the TV needs re-tuning.

Any ideas would help. Give me a PC any day!
    :mad:

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the Forums.

Scart pin bent ? Or two ?

Are you outputting an SVHS signal perchance ?

Mike.

3. Iain Macdonald

Iain Macdonald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, Mike, but what's SVHS ... or rather how do you usually find out what signal you're sending and how do you correct it?

Cheers

Iain

4. installer09

installer09
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds to me like a scart plug problem , if it was s-video he would still get a pic it would just be black and white, try another scart lead.

5. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    My old Bush TV had the ability to change TV systems for each channel, so ensure that you have the chanell set up to PAL I.
    Also, it's a Bush TV, with built in subscription to ONDigital. Bush is not in receivership, and will offer you assistance, as it's their product, not OnDigital's.