help please no Freeview

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by ecochild, Feb 21, 2013.

1. ecochild

ecochild
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok so i recently just moved into a block of modern flats and we can get free view in the living room fine on the wall behind the tv is two sockets one has tv sat dab triplexter if thats what u call it then next to it there is a socket which has the same connection as the dab ok so i have that same socket in my bedroom and i have gone out and got a new freeview box and tryed to get it to work in the bedroom but it cant find any signal surely they would alow u to watch tv in the bedroom this cant just be for dab and radio can it i need help because i like to watch tv in bed lol

2. lbear

lbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    Sounds like the second wall plate is to take the RF out from something like a Sky box for "multiroom" use. Have you tried connecting a lead from the TV out on the multiway plate to this one? If this is the case, the TV signal should now be going to the plate in the bedroom.

Once you have established this is the reason for the setup, you will have to see about splitting the UHF signal. If you have a PVR and are not worried about using the tuner built into the TV, you could use the RF out on the PVR to "daisychain" the signal to the second wall plate. If not, you will have to put in a splitter of some sort. The passive "Y" shaped ones reduced the signal to less than half and whether instead you will have to get a small amp/splitter will be a matter of trial and error.

Edit: a few TVs have a similar RF out arrangement to "daisychain" the signal. You should also find one on the back of an ordinary Freeview set top tuner box.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  3. kokolino23

kokolino23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    Did you manage to sort this out?