• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help..please !! Newbie with problems on tomtomgo 720

mickrobbo

Standard Member
Hi all, complete newbie to SatNav. Bought a tomtom go 720.Went thtough start up instructions as per instruction manual ref setting date, voice , time etc Installed the tomtom hom onto PC and followed all instructions by the book ref updates etc.

A few things I am desperate for help on :

When i went to activation codes, typed in code as requested but the 'next' tab did not hightlight and it would not let me go any further.

When updates were complete, followed instructions and when I released the tomtom from the docking station uh oh..................no maps found !!! tried website - no help.

All I get now in tomtom home is a locked screen on my PC 'Retrieving update information - please wait'

TomTom device screen just has tomtom GO 720 in top right hand corner with a picture of device on a green background with a white border (?!?!?!?!?)...and nothing is happening.:confused::confused::confused:

I do not want to mess around to much for fear of really cocking things up and would be grateful of any advice. Likewise I do not want to reset the device for same reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom