Standard Member
Hello All,

It is that time for my 55NU8000 to finally move on to a new home,

Cannot decide between the following;

LG CX55
LG C1 48
LG C1 55
Or continue with Samsung and go with the QN95A

I feel value for money the CX is the best but have considered dropping to 48, if 2021 model is that much better?

Mainly going to be used for Netflix/Sky Sports and PS5 and Series X

Any help will be much appreciated as I just cannot decide. Also if i go for an OLED should I be purchasing the warranty from a certain retailer or is this really not necessary.

Thank You!

vickster

Distinguished Member
Just buy from a retailer than provides an extended warranty. Richer Sounds, John Lewis, Costco
Don’t buy from Currys (although I think they give a 5 ye warranty now with premium models)

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Just buy from a retailer than provides an extended warranty. Richer Sounds, John Lewis, Costco
Don’t buy from Currys (although I think they give a 5 ye warranty now with premium models)
On the Sony XH9505 the 5 year warranty is given by Sony.

vickster

Distinguished Member
On the Sony XH9505 the 5 year warranty is given by Sony.
That Tv isn’t mentioned though, nor any Sony. So I’m not entirely sure of your point?

As an aside…Mine came from John Lewis, any warranty claim would go through them

liam13490

Standard Member
Thanks!

I did look at the Sony but thought I would rather have VRR and 4k120

John Lewis is probably my best option right now, as the extra warranty covers burn in?

Just cant decide between the CX,C1 or the QN95A..

Last edited:

Dodgexander

There's no value in 2021 models at the moment, if you want one of those best wait for the price to come down. 48" models are poor value compared to 55". For most people, at average viewing distances 55" is already too small to see a difference in resolution between 4k and 1080p.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom