Help please networking advice

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by silvermilnec, Apr 18, 2016.

1. silvermilnec

silvermilnec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi guys wonder if someone got a similar set up to me and can help.

My network set up is,

Sky sr102 with standard broadband 3 meg download at best, don't get me going on this one!

I've turned off the wifi in the SR102 because we have such bad signal, I've replaced it with a Apple airport extreem.
    I also have a Kingstone mobillite G2 this has a network plug, I use this mainly with my camera sd card. When I shoot 200 pics i'll plug in the sd card into mobilelite and view on my ipad.

I then would like to delete the ones I don't want and then save the rest to my WD cloud storage.

BUT without a computer or Mac, is it possible simply? i know I can inport to the ipad then upload using the WD app but I often don't have that type of space on my Ipad and it will take double the time.

Hope the above is clear sorry if not, i'm not totally backwards just a bit :)

2. rs6mra

rs6mra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I am not familiar with the G2 but I have just had a quick look at the specs & it appears to be a media reader amongst other things. Have you considered using the USB 2.0 port to connect a storage drive and then using that to edit your photos?