1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help please NEOYA X2VGA

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by sime, Aug 26, 2005.

1. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi i just recieved my neoya x2vga lead today to out put high def 480 720 1080 but i cannot seem to get the settings right i have had my xbox modded with a executer so it does output nstc and region free i am connecting it to a sanyo z3 projector :lease:

2. rob_finch

rob_finch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    You need to tell us a bit more, what is wrong exactly?

3. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    hi sorry for the delay ive just got back, when i connect the leads up as the instrustions state the picture is still fuzzy and not really watchable but i know there are four little switches on the side of the neoya box im just wondering if these need setting/switching up a certian way, i set the hd modes 480 720 1080 at yes and then insert the dvd and it automatically starts playing through dvd region x but when i use standard component leads that are connected through the xbox the picture is perfect ..

4. the_jinj

the_jinj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Have a read at this Tutorial which I can't take any credit for.....might thave the answers you need
    I did have to change the dip switches when I set mine up but I haven't got the instructions handy unfortunately - most important thing was to have the box mode as NTSC

5. sime

sime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    cheers.........i have tried all combinations using the neoya x2vga+ but unfortuanatly it seems impossible to actually watch a dvd movie in hd .......tried for several hours but the picture still remianed blurry and unwatchable there also seemed to be a bit of ghosting....
    i guess i will just have to carry on using the component lead connections, i only bought the neoya hoping to gain a upscaling dvd player for my pj as when i play games i seem to sit there most of the day 6-8 hours which would hammer the bulb life, so i just tend to using a standard tv while gaming......

6. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +480
    I'm not sure why you are using the Neoya box to connect to the projector if you already have component leads. It's really designed to give you HiDef output on a PC monitor.

I didn't need to change any switches just took the default but then I'm connecting to CRT monitors & not to the VGA-in on my projector.

7. Yaka

Yaka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    far as i am aware XBMC and the avaluancher dvd player are the only xbox program that upscales dvds. and as stated above best to stick to component cables, x2vga+ is for pc screens

8. ButtonUPS

ButtonUPS
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if u want hd dvd via the stock ms dvd player you have to hexedit a file on the hard disk use xbox-scene do a search. :smashin: