1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help (Please!!) needed with Reclock!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by JATH, May 30, 2004.

1. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have in the last 2 weeks gone from a stand alone DVD player to a HTPC.
    I am fairly new to computers and to say the learning curve was fairly steep is somewhat of an understatement!
    After many hours of tweaking settings I have finally got it set up so it is outputting an image which is leagues ahead of the one from my Sony DVPNS930V dvd player which I am over the moon with.

My PC is feeding a Sanyo Z1 projector and I am using Theatertek,powerstrip,ffdshow and reclock software.

My problem is micro stutter on slow pans which I have improved with reclock but still think could be bettered with more tweaking.

Is there anyone who is using reclock who would be prepared to share thier settings,ideas Etc.?????

Please help.

Thanks Jono.

2. drummerjohn

drummerjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Are you playing NTSC discs (Region1) or PAL discs (Region2,4)?

If youre playing Region 1 then you are seeing 3:2 pulldown thats inherent to film material (24fps) transferred to NTSC (30fps).

If your playing PAL (and this the only acceptable solution for me) then set the output to 50Hz (thats if your projector accepts it). You will then get perfect panning. I tried multiples of PAL (25fps) such as 75hz & 100hz but was not happy with it.

Tweaking wise - in Powerstrip you can change the PCI latency of the Graphics & Sound cards (not onboard sound). Reducing the latency of the GFX from 248 (I think) to 128 helped. Upping the Sound card latency from 32 to 96 also helped.

3. JATH

JATH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am playing pal (R2) disks.
    I have tried outputting 50hz and didn`t help much(I dont think the Sanyo is happy with a 50hz input)

I will try your other idea to see if they help.

Thanks Jono.