1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please - My Philips Dvd Player Froze When Playing Back a Dvd-r :(

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by CHR1S, Dec 14, 2004.

1. CHR1S

CHR1S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently puchased a Panny E55 DVD Recorder and recorded a film on BBC1 the other night using FR Mode (135 mins). I used a Datawrite (Fuji dye) 4x disc and finalized the disc in the recorder as the instructions say.

When I played the disc back on my Philips 622 DVD player the audio seemed very poor and very slightly out of sync, also towards the end of the film the frame just froze up and none of the buttons would work! I had to unplug the Philips DVD player to reset it.

Does this sound like a disc fault / player fault or Panny recorder not recording to the disc correctly fault?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Chris

2. CHR1S

CHR1S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely somebody must knwo :(

3. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If there is a Philips involved, my first suspicion would be there! I suspect that the Philips does not like the dye very much and is having trouble reading it - finally giving up the ghost as the track gets nearer the outer edge of the disc and has greater difficulty tracking any eccentricities. You could try a better quality disc - Panasonic or Taiyo Yuden.

4. mentsugi

mentsugi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I would agree. The problem you are seeing is due to poor quality cheap DVD-R or a type that the machine does not like.

The test method for Panny recorders is to try to enter a disk title on the DVD-R before using it for a recording. If it enters the title then almost all recordings are completed OK.