• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please my Panasonic G10 HDMI stopped working

bob200

Banned
Hi my HDMI 2 port has stopped working for some reason can someone help?

IS there a way to reset it or a update or something?

Thanks

Ricky27

I had exactly this problem with our G10, bought last October (2010) time, first HDMI 2 went completely blank, then all HDMI inputs failed.

Tried everything but turned out the board was fried.

This was repaired in March, got the TV back within a week, tried the HDMI ports and 2 wouldnt initially work, but then came to life, seemed odd straight after the engineer replaced the whole A Board.

TV was then fine for a while then HDMI 2 went again in september, couldnt believe it and called John Lewis to air my frustration, they then replaced it with a G20.

Have you tried plugging another player etc in to the port to rule out the external device?

bob200

Banned
I had exactly this problem with our G10, bought last October (2010) time, first HDMI 2 went completely blank, then all HDMI inputs failed.

Tried everything but turned out the board was fried.

This was repaired in March, got the TV back within a week, tried the HDMI ports and 2 wouldnt initially work, but then came to life, seemed odd straight after the engineer replaced the whole A Board.

TV was then fine for a while then HDMI 2 went again in september, couldnt believe it and called John Lewis to air my frustration, they then replaced it with a G20.

Have you tried plugging another player etc in to the port to rule out the external device?

Hiya yes i first had my laptop connected and that didnt work and then i tried my ps3 both would not work in HDMI 2. I changed the HDMI cable on both as i thought the cable could be faulty but that was not the case.

So theres no other way to fix?

Do i have to send the tv off to Panasonic or will they repair it at home. I have the five year warranty with them?

Regards

Ricky27

You could try and disconnect it from the wall and then return to shipping condition, but i doubt it would have any effect TBH, plus you will lose all your settings etc.

Panasonic will probably have an appointed service agent in your area who would come and collect your TV, and aslong as parts are in stock (probably your A board), you should have the TV back within a week., They dont usually repair in the home anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom