1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help please, multiple component connections.

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Matt TRD, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Ok i looked through the FAQs but could not find an answer.

I want to connect all three of my consoles via component for progressive scan the LCD only has one component input.

Will i have to connect each console as i use them or is there a way around this as i would like to have it all set up without messing around with cabling when switching consoles.

For example i currently use a Joytech scart box which automatically switches inputs depending upon which system i power up.

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but it has been troubling me for sometime now.

Forgot to mention my LCD TV is an Hitachi 32ld7200.

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    You can get component switchers just like the scart switcher you already have. You can also use the VGA connection on the Hitachi as another component connection too. This is normally not a problem for dvd players, as component to vga cables are easy to find, but might not be the case with your console(s).

Its also worth noting that the VGA connection on the Hitachi cannot take 720p @ 50hz. It can take 720p60 though. (Aswell as all the others - 480i/p, 576i/p 1080i/p at 50 & 60hz)

Edit - Here you go: http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=4088&

3. Matt TRD

Matt TRD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Thankyou very much mate that's a great help, i have just ordered one.

All my games are US NTSC running at 60 hz so should all be ok.

4. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Np. :)
    The component connection accepts everything anyway, its only the VGA that cant do 720p50.