Help please loading software onto a Simpad

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by newstuart, Mar 27, 2006.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I have a German Spec simpad running Windows CE.

A few months back some great people on these forums helped me to re-flash the machine with a UK language verison of windows CE :thumbsup: however I was unable to get the machine to "activesync" with a pc so therfore unable to find a way of loading software to it.

To cut a long story short I had put this to one side while decorating the house but now want to try and get to the bottom of the problem.

All I want it for is to use as a remote control with something like "NetRemote"

http://www.promixis.com/products.php?section=netremote

so if I can not "activesync" it then is there any other way i can load software to it ?:lease:

2. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
  3. alandbush

alandbush

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    My handbook suggests that software can be installed direct from the internet if the program is designed for direct installation, ie. the installation data must be in the form of a StrongARM package .cab file.

Have you fully trouble shooted(?) your ActiveSync connection problem?

I connect via a serial cable and a PC COM port but the handbook also indicates connection by wireless LAN or Infrared.
    The SIMPad defaults to the serial cable connection but the latter two options MUST be specified within the SIMPad.
    Further the PC ActiveSync program MUST specify which of the connection options is available.

I must admit that lately the connection has been intermittent but repeated attempts (upto 9 is the record so far) have eventually succeeded.

Edit: your query prompted me to check my SIMPad ActiveSync settings, which I thought defaulted to serial cable, and found it set to infrared! Changing it to Serial has now solved the problem I had with intermittent connection.