Help please.. internet problems

SunTzu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello All

not sure if this is the right place to ask this (if not could you point me in the right direction) but her goes anyway.

i'm having problems connecting to some web pages i can connect to the main sites but when i try and fill out a form or continue site just hangs and i get the message 'problem loading web page'. i have connected to same web sites at other peoples houses so i know thats not the problem.

for example

1.I have gone through the pizza hut internet order form, entered the post code then clicked order online and the page just hangs

2.I can read the EDGE computerandvideogame forums normally put when i try to join i fill in the form hit submit and the same as above happens

any help would be much appreciated as i need my computer games and pizza.

(i realise reading this back that it doesn't reflect well on my social life)

Have you switched off java / javascript in your browsers options?

What browser are you using?

hello JB5 i havn't turned of java script, whethar this has happened through some other means i don't know. Not sure how to check either.

i mainly use Internet Explorer but the problem happens with Firefox also...

cheers for your help

Firefox as well?? Hmmm.

How do you connect? Do you have a firewall (either software or hardware)?

Replying at 6pm on a Saturday doesn't reflect well on my social life either :) Oh well.

Wo0zy

I take it there is no pop up bars blocking a script?

make sure that your flash is up to date along with your PDF reader.

hello JB5 i havn't turned of java script, whethar this has happened through some other means i don't know. Not sure how to check either.

Don't know how to check in IE, but for reference in FFx

Go to either EDIT menu or maybe TOOLS menu in windows version of FFx and look for PREFERENCES sub menu.
A new window should open.

Click on CONTENT tab
and there should be some check boxes for Java & Javascript.

hello all, thanks for your input so far.

Wo0zy - i have my modem connected to a 4 port router which i have my 360, xbox and a wireless node plugged into, i am using a sony vaio laptop which i am using wirelessly. I have norton antivirus on my laptop, which i have tried shutting down with no success. As far as a hardware firewall, i have no idea.

geomuss - i have no pop up bars or other 3rd party software installed on my browsers other then norton. I have just reinstalled flash and adobe acrobat reader but that hasn't solved it.

JB5 - just checked in firefox and all the boxes were ticked... is that correct?

unfortunatly no luck so far but thanks again for your help.

[moderator comment] thread title amended please use the correct spelling not slang, it's only for others who may do a search for similar problems

JB5 - just checked in firefox and all the boxes were ticked... is that correct?

I usually leave java unchecked and the other three checked (javascript, Load images automatically, and block popup windows).
I have NoScript extension installed to control whether javascript is allowed to run for each site I visit.

I don't think it's a java problem anyway, certianly not for the edge as the page seemed to load OK for me. I couldn't test Pizza Hut as my post code is outside their Internet delivery coverage.

If it was a popup window problem another pane would appear at the top of the browser window in FFx asking whether or not to allow it to open.

Not sure what else to suggest. The firewall suggestion of WoOzy would be my next step. Do you have the models of your modem and router?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom