• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help please in selecting suitable product..

spo00ok

Standard Member
Hi,

I am about te replace an aging PVR (Digifusion 200) that is packing up and wanted to go for a good product something like the Panasonic DMREX77.

Having looked around it seems that all the Panasonic (and Sony products) only have 1 x digital tuner, is that right?

Is there a good product that will give me the ability to record 2 digital stations at the same time and also back up to dvd ? Even my old Digifusion has 2 digital tuners....

Many Thanks

MarkE19

This has recently been covered in This Thread. But the simple answer is single Freeview tuner and DVD recorder or 2 Freeview tuners and no DVD.

Mark.

spo00ok

Standard Member
Ok, so that seems to have put that to bed, I guess the next question is, what PVR should I be going for ? must have the twin digital tuners...

Thanks

Jonathan

reforse

Established Member
Top two recommends on this site are Humax and Topfield.

I am very happy with my Topfield TF5800 and they have updated the model with HDMI and a big harddrive so you can pick up the 5800 cheap or splash out on the new 5810.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom