Help please -Improve PS2 display on HD TV

daveywavey007

Standard Member
Reaction score
:) Hope you can help. Hooked up our PS2 to a Panasonic 26" HDTV (model 26LxD60) through an RF loop connection (which is how I had it connected to our small 14" CRT portable). I'd appreciate your advice on how to improve the game play, it's not bad but not exactly great, or what I would have expected.

Don't fancy the 'Xploder' device from what I've read, so I suppose this leaves the option of a cable, but which one & from which retailer. Can you be as specific as possible, please.

Thanks, in anticipation.

You currently have the worst connection going.
The hierarchy is:
RF or Composite (yellow), S-Video, Scart RGB, Component (Red Green and Blue).
I'm not sure which you have on the PS2 or your telly, but you should be looking to get as high up the chain as you can.
I'm sure you'll get leads from E-bay :smashin:

Firstly, you should make sure that you have changed the 'Aspect Ratio' setting in the set-up menu of the PS2 to 16:9 or Widescreen so that widescreen games are taken advantage of on your new TV.

As for cables, use a PS2 'SCART RGB' cable. But don't forget to make sure that you connect it to an RGB capable scart socket on the TV (normally Scart input number 1 is a safe bet) - many TVs have more than one RGB capable scart these days though. Also, make sure to change the Video Output settings on the PS2 menu to RGB not VIDEO.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom