1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, please, how to use data cable for mobile phone.

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by GalacticaActual, Jan 29, 2005.

1. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    hi all ,
    Got a question for you all.

I have recently got the new sony erricson v800. I would like to down load some music from a couple of cds via the data cable to my mobile phone using the pc suite that has ben supplied with the phone on cd rom.
    I have instaled the software, and conected the phone, but after that I am stuck. the music is storded in windows media player. There are various options in the instaled programe, one of which is music editor. The problem is , is that there are no instructions on what to do and how to do it :confused:
    Can anyone give me an idiots guide and walkthrough? I am not very computer literate so after instaling the software I am now abit stuck :mad:
    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. david.

2. slowen

slowen
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Nokia 6230 so presuming the software is similar this is how I transfer music and videos to my phone

Just start by conecting the phone to the pc via the data cable
    On my Nokia pc suite I click on transfer files then find the music I want and "copy" then scroll down to my phones memory card and open it up then "paste" it into the file

The other way you may be able to do it is once you phone is hooked up to your pc and it has been recognised, right click on the music track you want and click on send to and you phone should be one of the options

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    thanks for the advice , but it is not as easy as that. once you are in the music editor you have to record the trak you want in to that. It wont regonise any of the files I want to copy.
    I am trying to save the music in the desk top rather than windows media, as I can acsess it from there with some success.
    I f I can figure out how to copy a music trak from the cd drive to the desk top rather than windows media player, I might have a chance to sort it out.
    Then once it is in the desk top I can transfer it to the music editor, record it and then send it to the phone.
    Any idears? and thanks again :thumbsup: