HELP PLEASE - How do i restore pc

newstuart

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi all
I have reached the decision to completly remove everything from my pc and start a fresh as its constantly crashing,freezing and generally driving me mad !! i have the original restore discs for it but am unsure how i go about doing it as the discs dont just auto run as i was hoping. can someone please explain in laymans terms what i need to do

when you say the discs dont autorun, do you mean that when you put them in the pc they dont start?
if so try looking for the cd in my computer and double click the cd to run it or open it up, if it opens up the cd to let you explore it then take a look around in there for any .exe file's etc or programs.

I dont think that it will even run. What I had to do was put the CD in, and restart the computer. It will tell you what to do from there (Unless your computer has a different wway of doing it). Hope this helps.

Hi newstuart,

The normal process for this is as follows:

+ Reboot your computer with Restore CD in Drive
+ (Ensure your computer is set to Boot from CD Drive as 1st Boot Device in BIOS)
+ This should engage the CD and prompt you to continue using the CD to boot
+ Not knowing what type of PC you have, hopefully it should drive you through the rest of the process.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom