1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP PLEASE - How do i restore pc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by newstuart, Jan 16, 2005.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    hi all
    I have reached the decision to completly remove everything from my pc and start a fresh as its constantly crashing,freezing and generally driving me mad !! i have the original restore discs for it but am unsure how i go about doing it as the discs dont just auto run as i was hoping. can someone please explain in laymans terms what i need to do

2. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when you say the discs dont autorun, do you mean that when you put them in the pc they dont start?
    if so try looking for the cd in my computer and double click the cd to run it or open it up, if it opens up the cd to let you explore it then take a look around in there for any .exe file's etc or programs.

3. Frazal666

Frazal666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think that it will even run. What I had to do was put the CD in, and restart the computer. It will tell you what to do from there (Unless your computer has a different wway of doing it). Hope this helps.

4. nohoper

nohoper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi newstuart,

The normal process for this is as follows:

+ Reboot your computer with Restore CD in Drive
    + (Ensure your computer is set to Boot from CD Drive as 1st Boot Device in BIOS)
    + This should engage the CD and prompt you to continue using the CD to boot
    + Not knowing what type of PC you have, hopefully it should drive you through the rest of the process.