1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Please. Exact Audio ASPI Problem in XP

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Andy.T, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    My HCPC is slowly taking shape and I'm getting most of the software on. All has gone to plan until I started up Exact Audio ...

It comes up with about a dozen error warnings then closes immediately. The errors say ...

Unhandled Exception
    at ASPI32.2214 -> ASSIGN-RANGE

I looked this up in the EA FAQ and it said that crashes on start can be caused by not having Adaptec ASPI installed or bad audio drivers. I am discounting the latter for now due to the error message. I downloaded ASPI from Adaptec and installed it but I still get the error. Has anyone who uses EA come across this one before?

Andy Trump

2. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I tried a bunch of things (re-installing EAC, moving IDE ports and changing a couple of BIOS settings) and suddenly its working. I'm guessing it was the EAC re-install after the ASPI install.

I'm now playing Monkey-Lossless compressed files via the tatty mobo sound card into my Denon 3802 and am amazed at the quality.

If it wasn't for the lack of Dolby Digital/DTS I'd almost wish I hadn't just ordered my M-Audio 2496.....almost. ;)

Andy Trump

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure not to install the complete Adaptec CD burning software, as it has compatability issues with XP.

4. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I just installed the ASPI stuff on its own, good to know though, thanks.

Andy Trump